We have been craving barbecue since we started our real food journey and finally found a sauce that we could use without making it ourselves. I have included some affiliate links in this post so you can find some all natural barbecue sauces with no high fructose corn syrup. We were excited about it and couldn’t wait to try it but of course life always gets in the way and we ended up forgetting that it was in our fridge. Then I noticed that we still had some shrimp in the freezer and remembered the barbecue sauce! So I came up with BBQ glazed pineapple bacon shrimp.
We also had some bacon so we decided to do bacon wrapped shrimp with barbecue sauce. We have been on a pineapple kick lately and have been buying fresh pineapple. My wife and I both began to wonder out loud about how to use the pineapple in our cooking. This is how we came up with the recipe for BBQ glazed pineapple bacon shrimp!
We thought about how much we liked barbecue chicken pineapple pizza so we added chunks of pineapple on top of our bacon wrapped shrimp and basted them with Uncle Dougies Sneaky Spicy Barbecue Sauce. I also tossed the shrimp in pineapple juice and a little sea salt before wrapping them to give them some extra flavor! This is a great tasting simple recipe that can either be a main dish or an awesome appetizer for your next party!
|BBQ Glazed Pineapple Bacon Shrimp|| |
- 1 Lb bacon
- 1 Lb de-veined raw shrimp
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 C. Barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare the shrimp for cooking by peeling them and cutting of the tails.
- Put the prepared shrimp in a bowl and drizzle some pineapple juice over them, add some sea salt and toss to coat all the shrimp.
- Fold bacon around each shrimp and then cut bacon, depending on how big the shrimp are you should be able to wrap a few shrimp with one piece of bacon.
- Use a toothpick to skewer a piece of pineapple then poke it through the bacon and shrimp to secure it.
- Place shrimp on a cookie sheet lined with foil, brush on barbecue sauce (we used Uncle Dougies Sneaky Spicy Barbecue Sauce)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 min or until bacon and shrimp are cooked through, enjoy!