We made a Minions Cake to celebrate the launch of The Minions Movie. At this point, you’ve probably encountered photos of every kind of minion decorated dessert that you can dream up. Unfortunately, I’m the worst ever at decorating. So I had to come up with my own minion dessert that had almost no effort required.
I took my standard Marshmallow Crispie Bar Layer Cake, and turned it into a Minion with help of some blue ribbon and Minion goggles (a party favor I found at Target, seriously Target is my one-stop shop for everything!)
Make the cake according to the directions below. It’s really simple, and if the edges aren’t perfectly perfect, that’s ok, we’ll cover them up.
Here’s the blue ribbon and goggles, plus a minion toy, I couldn’t resist buying that at Target too.
Plus, he lovingly approves of the cake.
|Simple Minions Marshmallow Crispie Bar Layer Cake|| |
- 1 batch of these 4 ingredients per cake layer.
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5½ cups marshmallows
- Parchment paper
- Simply Balanced 100% Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Cut parchment paper to the width of your cake pan, but long enough to extend out of your cake pan a few inches to pull out the finished layers with ease. Spray pan completely, then add your sized parchment paper, this will make sure the parchment paper stays in place, and the cereal mixture won't stick. (Our first layer uses a 9x9 inch square cake pan, our second layer uses a 10 inch rectangle loaf pan, we just cut the cake in half.)
- In a large stock pot on the stove, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and continue to stir over medium heat with a silcone spatula until all marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal, stir until all cereal is nice and sticky.
- Press into your prepped cake pan, use an extra piece of parchment paper to press the mixture down evenly.
- Pop out onto your cake plate while still warm so you can mold it into the square shape a little bit better.
Written by, Brittany, the geek behind the blog. I share lots of recipes, my thoughts on the latest tech gadgets, my favorite geeky games, and snippets of life as a Work-at-home mom.