I love a good gathering of friends and family, where we can talk, watch whatever sports game happens to be on, and maybe even gather around a table to play games (those are my favorite gatherings.) No matter what type of event, the most important part is always the food.
I took one of my families favorite recipes, and added my own little twist, replacing salad dressing for BBQ Sauce, because BBQ sauce makes everything better!
This is our Tex Mex party salad, and it’s not your usual boring salad, this salad has chips, and taco meat, along with some tasty fresh produce.
It’s always a huge hit at every gathering, and it’s incredibly simple to put together!
Cook and drain 1 pound of hamburger, then add taco seasoning per instructions of the package (or 3 Tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning.)
In an uber large bowl, add slightly cooled and seasoned hamburger to, a bag of crushed nacho cheese chips, 2 diced roma tomatoes, 1/2 a head of shredded lettuce, 1 cup of Mexican Shredded Cheese, and about 8 ounces of BBQ Sauce.
Mix it up and you’re done and ready to serve!
|Tex Mex Party Salad|| |
- 1 pound of hamburger
- Taco seasoning packet or 3 TBSP homemade taco seasoning
- 1 bag crushed nacho cheese chips
- 2-3 diced roma tomatoes
- ½ head of lettuce, shredded,
- 1 cup of Kraft Mexican Four Cheese Shredded Cheese
- 8 ounces of Kraft Thick and Spicy BBQ Sauce.
- Brown and drain 1 pound of hamburger.
- Add taco seasoning per instructions of the package (or mix in 3 Tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning with a teaspoon of water.)
- In a large bowl, add slightly cooled and seasoned hamburger to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix it up and you're done and ready to serve!
So simple, and so delicious!
Written by, Brittany, the geek behind the blog. I share lots of recipes, my thoughts on the latest tech gadgets, my favorite geeky games, and snippets of life as a Work-at-home mom.