I love croutons, I mean who wouldn’t like perfectly seasoned cubes of bread on a salad? They are so easy to make at home too. I kind of love when bread starts to go stale or I have extra hamburger buns or hot dog buns, because that means it’s time to bake up some perfect little croutons. After reading this recipe I’m sure you’ll feel the same way!
The beauty of making your own croutons is that you get to choose the seasoning. I love making lemon pepper croutons for salads. If I’m using croutons for baking I make a simple garlic onion blend. I’ll share that recipe below.
|From Scratch Croutons|| |
- 8-10 slices bread or leftover buns
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- pinch of parsley
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cut bread into strips, then squares. Place in medium mixing bowl.
- Gradually add olive oil and stir until bread is lightly coated. Sprinkles seasonings on and mix well.
- Spread croutons out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached, stirring occasionally.
That’s all! Pretty easy, right?
What kind of seasoning would you use to make the perfect crouton?