It’s time to break out your favorite apple pie recipe, because apple pie is great for every occasion. Don’t have one? I have you covered!
This recipe uses my “Pinterest famous” four ingredient flaky pie crust, its so easy to make, but make sure you let the dough chill for at least an hour or two before using it for pie! We use an apple peeler corer slicer which quickly does exactly what it’s name says, peel, core, and slice an apple in a few seconds. These are really handy especially if you have apple trees like we do. You can also never have too many pie plates, we love making pies!
This classic apple pie recipe will remind you of the pies that your grandma made from scratch. It’s a pretty simple recipe and it tastes so good, you might have to make two! This apple pie was pretty easy to make, don’t worry. It’s completely worth it to make this pie from scratch, just say no to store-bought pie fillings!
How ’bout them apples?
|Just Like Grandma's Apple Pie Recipe|| |
- Two pie crusts (Here is my 4 ingredient flaky pie crust recipe)
- ½ cup butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 apples (peeled, sliced, and cored)
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In saucepan, melt butter then whisk in flour. Add white sugar, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil continuously whisking, then let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out both pie crusts, place one in bottom of a pie pan, and use a pizza cutter or butter knife to cut other crust into ¼ inch strips.
- Fill pie crust with apples (mounded in the middle, don't worry if it looks like too many they'll cook down!) Starting in middle slowly pour the liquid over the apples.
- Add strips of pie dough across your pie, you can make a lattice pattern or the lazy lattice pattern like I did.
- Bake at 425* for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350* and bake for remaining 45 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving, and enjoy!
I dare you to try this recipe and tell me it’s not as good as your Grandma’s!
It’s that good, trust me.