|Just Like Grandma's Apple Pie Recipe|| |
- Two pie crusts (Here is my 4 ingredient flaky pie crust recipe)
- ½ cup butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 apples (peeled, sliced, and cored)
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In saucepan, melt butter then whisk in flour. Add white sugar, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil continuously whisking, then let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out both pie crusts, place one in bottom of a pie pan, and use a pizza cutter or butter knife to cut other crust into ¼ inch strips.
- Fill pie crust with apples (mounded in the middle, don't worry if it looks like too many they'll cook down!) Starting in middle slowly pour the liquid over the apples.
- Add strips of pie dough across your pie, you can make a lattice pattern or the lazy lattice pattern like I did.
- Bake at 425* for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350* and bake for remaining 45 minutes.
I dare you to try this recipe and tell me it’s not as good as your Grandma’s!
Written by, Brittany, the geek behind the blog. I share lots of recipes, my thoughts on the latest tech gadgets, my favorite geeky games, and snippets of life as a Work-at-home mom.