A little butter, cinnamon sugar, brown sugar, and a quick glaze I mixed up and you have yourself crunchy little bits of deliciousness!
These remind me of bread pudding, but a much more portable version.
|Sweet Tooth Croutons|| |
- 6-8 slices of raisin bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Cinnamon Sugar (1 Tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Pinch of brown sugar
- ½ cup powder sugar
- splash of milk
- splash of vanilla
- How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Slice the raisin bread into cubes.
- Melt butter in large microwave safe mixing bowl (20-30 seconds)
- Add cubed bread to butter and mix well.
- Add cinnamon sugar mixture to bread, mix it up again.
- Pour the bread onto a cookie sheet in a thin layer and sprinkle the brown sugar on top, and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Croutons are done when they're crisp to touch.
- Meanwhile, add powder sugar to a mixing bowl. Add a splash of vanilla and milk. Stir well, if the mixture is too runny add more powder sugar or add milk if the mixture is too thick until you achieve a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle on all of the icing as evenly as possible over croutons, store in air tight container.
Written by, Brittany, the geek behind the blog. I share lots of recipes, my thoughts on the latest tech gadgets, my favorite geeky games, and snippets of life as a Work-at-home mom.