A lot of times apple baked goods turn out bland, so I thought, what if you use apple pie filling? I wasn’t completely sure it would work. When I tasted the sweet batter I crossed my fingers and toes hoping they would bake right. Oh boy it did and these were the best darn apple muffins I’ve ever had (and I’m a huge snob when it comes to my apple baked goods.) These may have been even better than the $4 muffins straight from the orchard.
Then you add a dollop of cream cheese frosting, and these apple pie muffins are to die for. I think I’ll be bringing these apple pie muffins to Thanksgiving this year!
|Apple Pie Muffins|| |
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp/salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 ounces Apple Pie Filling
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crumble Ingredients
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400* and line muffin tins with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In separate bowl mix vegetable oil, egg, milk, and vanilla. Pour mixture into dry ingredient and stir well.
- Cut apples in filling into bite sized chunks (you can do this in the container by dragging a butter knife through filling) fold in pie filling. Fill cups all the way to the top with batter.
- In food processor combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these! What’s your favorite part about visiting the orchard?