Chicken tenders are great, they’re kid friendly and great for picky eaters. Honestly I pair Trader Joe’s frozen chicken tenders with mac and cheese and have it on the meal plan about every other week, because having a kid is the perfect excuse to eat like a kid. Sometimes it’s nice to have grown up food though, which is why I came up with this ridiculously simple recipe for yellow curry chicken tenders.
For these I just dredge chicken in Trader Joe’s yellow curry, then coat them in panko. Trader Joe’s has the best panko, such a crispy texture. These bake up perfectly in the oven, sometimes you get a bit of a soggy bottom, but the flavor is worth it.
Serve it with some samoas and extra yellow curry for dipping. This is a regular on our meal plan too, and it only takes a few Trader Joe’s ingredients, have I mentioned I love Trader Joe’s? We literally spend 2 hours in the car every other week to snag all of our groceries from our favorite grocery store, because nothing tops their flavorful convenient foods or prices.
This is a seriously awesome dish, let me know if you try it in the comments below!
|Yellow Curry Chicken Tenders|| |
- 2 C Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 Chicken breast cut into strips
- ½ C Yellow curry sauce
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut 3 chicken breasts into strips
- Add 2 cups of panko bread crumbs to a bowl.
- Mix in garlic powder, sea salt, and cayenne pepper
- In a separate bowl add ½ cup of yellow curry mix
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil it
- Dredge chicken in yellow curry mixture
- Coat in seasoned panko bread crumbs and place on foil lined baking sheet
- Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!