I love roasting vegetables on a sheet pan, and recently discovered how much better they cook on a Pampered Chef Stoneware bar pan. I simply dice some of my favorite vegetables, put them in a bowl, coat them with a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic and a little bit of salt and pepper. Sometimes I’ll add protein like chicken to the top, but I recently discovered just how tasty it is with the addition of beer braised bratwurst. It’s kind of magical, the perfect simple dinner.
I prep the veggies and throw them in the oven at a hot 425 degrees to get nice and roasted. Then I prep the bratwurst, or brats if you’re a Wisconsinite. If you’re a Wisconsinite you also know that they have to be Johnsonville brats, while the ingredient list is questionable (mostly corn syrup,) you can’t beat the flavor.
First I fry whole brats in a pat of butter, until fully cooked. I remove them from the pan and slice them into bite sized pieces. I deglaze with an entire bottle (12 ounces) of New England Style hazy IPA, I would recommend any beer with a bit of citrus flavor. Then I cook on medium high until the beer is completely reduced.
By the time your brats are ready, your vegetables will be close to done too. Give them a good stir, then add the beer braised brats on top. Place bake in oven for about 10 more minutes or until brats are sizzling.
Serve with a dusting of parmesan cheese! This recipe is made so much easier with the help of the Pampered Chef Large Stone Bar Pan and the Citrus Press shop Pampered Chef here!
|Sheet pan roasted vegetables with beer braised bratwurst|| |
- 4-5 cups sliced zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, and onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lemons
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 brats
- pat of butter
- 12 oz IPA beer
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Chop vegetables, place in bowl with olive oil and garlic. Gently mix until vegetables are coated with oil.
- Add juice and zest from lemons to bowl, gently mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until vegetables start to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook brats in a pat of butter on the stove.
- When cooked through, remove from pan, slice into bite sized pieces.
- Deglaze pan with beer, add brat slices and cook down until the beer is reduced and thickened.
- Pour beer and brat mixture over roasted vegetables, roast additional 10 minutes or until brats are sizzling.
Written by, Brittany, the geek behind the blog. I share lots of recipes, my thoughts on the latest tech gadgets, my favorite geeky games, and snippets of life as a Work-at-home mom.