I’m always looking for family friendly recipes, my daughter isn’t even a picky eater, but I like to make meals a little more fun. Sometimes I think I appreciate kid food just as much as she does and chicken tenders end up on the meal plan often. So I made some fun corndog muffins with a box of Trader Joe’s cornbread mix.
It was so easy, all I did was add a little garlic and onion powder (everything needs garlic and onion powder, right?) added some cheese, and added chopped up hot dogs. The batter might have looked extremely weird, and it was difficult to divide the hot dogs evenly among the muffins, but I think the result was absolutely perfect.
When making these I highly recommend using cupcake liners, some of the muffins were a little crumbly and I can’t imagine the mess if you were trying to get them out of a muffin tin.
We dipped them in mustard or ketchup, and had so much fun eating them. Honestly, it tastes so much better than corndogs. These are perfect for playdates, appetizer ideas for hosting sporting events, or just a fun weeknight dinner honestly. Pair them with french fries and you have an incredibly fun family friendly dinner.
Make sure to pin the picture below to save this recipe for later!
|Easy corndog muffin recipe using Trader Joe's cornbread mix|| |
- 15 ounces of Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hot dogs sliced
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Prepare cornbread mix according to instructions, adding garlic and onion powder to the dry mix and incorporating.
- Add sliced hot dogs and cheese and gently mix.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to measure out and distribute mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.